March 3, 2014

Steve Jobs 2005 Commencement Speech

Steve Jobs - pure brilliance!

Thought the link was not working on the Blackboard website, I was able to watch it on youtube. Honestly, this speech gave me goosebumps and I wish I was there to witness this. The stories and the words of advice form Jobs and something I think we all need to live by and highly take into consideration.

The first story was something I think we can all relate too. Really, who knows what they want to do wit h the rest of their lives. I went into college as a Marine Biology major. I was certain that science was for me and I would excel at it greatly. Yet, when I got here, I soon came to realize that I didn't want to be doing that for the rest of my life. Now a Communications major, I can still say, I have no idea what I want to do. Yet, as my mom told me, my change in major was a blessing in disguise. Though I don't realize it right now, I believe in the future I will fit in where I belong in terms of my career and I should go with the flow right now. I don't know what my future holds, but everything always seems to work out.


I really enjoyed his second story. It was a shame how Jobs was fired from Apple originally. Yet, without that act, there would be no Pixar and NeXT - two great advancements in our society. I think this taught me that though one thing might not go my way, I shouldn't give up hope because it is a chance for a new beginning and something new to arise. One think always leads to another and everything that happens, happens for a reason.

The third story made me sad, seeing as how Jobs lost his life in 2011. Yet, once again, there was a very important message in the story. Live your life to the fullest and do not waste your days, because you don't know when it could all be over. Follow what you want to do and become and make that your number one priority.

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.

No comments:

Post a Comment