March 3, 2014

Persuasive Games

I thought that this website was really interesting and cool. Games are something that everyone enjoys and plays, and by incorporating everyday issues in our society, a point is easily made.

The first game I played was Windfall. I chose this game because I love science and wind energy is an up and coming energy source that our world is using. In the game, I have to research different blocks of land and see which ones were on the highest hills / had the most profit. When finding the best ones, I was there to build a wind turbine and connect it to the power lines. Though it sound easy, you cannot place turbines near homes due to the community getting mad by having a turbine in their back yard, and you must make a certain amount of money in a time period without running out of the initial money the game has given you. 

The next game I played was Presidential Pong. The game was the simple pong game of hitting the ball back and forth, yet it was funny how you could rival different 2008 presidential candidates. I played Romney v. Obama. The animations of the candidates were really fun and goofy looking and this was a nice spin to put on the game during the time of the election. 

The last game I played Xtreme Xmas Shopping. I thought this game was funny. The plot of the game kind of had a Black Friday feel in which your character had to go around the store and collect their Christmas items on their shopping lists before the other players received them. If someone took the last item of something, you were able to go and fight them in order to get it back. Not getting an item means that you did not pass the level / game. I unfortunately, failed the first level when someone ripped Elmo out of my hands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment