March 27, 2014

I Wish To Say by Sheryl Oring

I think the concept for this performance art piece is really cool. I definitely agree with Sheryl in the sense that not enough voice are being heard throughout our country and with this art piece, many people are able to voice their opinions and get their thoughts out.

Going through some of the different places, the main theme I recognized was that there is always an issue for money whether it be funding for the war or for schools or people asking for money to help support their families. Another issue that seemed familiar was the problem with unemployment in our country. Reading various different notes, there were several people who were unemployed and were desperate for jobs.

With many reoccurring themes showing in the notes, I think it would be highly beneficial for our government to look and address these issues. If so many people have the same problems, I think there comes a time when change must made. Yet, at the same time, there are always opposing views for each case in which the problem of fixing an issue gets sticky.

It was interesting to read the different notes written by people in various parks of America. I really like this performance art piece and I think it brings light to the many problems surrounding our country.



























I Wish To Say

No comments:

Post a Comment