February 10, 2014

Stop Motion

http://vimeo.com/2113262

The first stop motion film I watched was called The Carved Pumpkin. This was an interesting film and I could tell right away from the beginning that it was going to have intricate animation. Right away there was the crumpled piece of paper introducing the film which then led to the complex movement of the silverware. The actual carving of the pumpkin seemed more to me as a dissection due to the sounds and background music. It was cool to see the separation of the seeds and the pumpkin goo.

The film was more of a deeper analysis of carving a pumpkin and baking the seeds. The music made me very anxious of what was to come next and it was even a little bit scary when there was the combination of the hard and intense music along with the pumpkin falling apart and piecing itself back together.


http://vimeo.com/3114617

The next stop motion film I viewed is
Scintillation. In the beginning of the video was wasn't quite sure what was going on. There was no animation and thats what threw me off at first. It wasn't until there was the lighting of the flowers. It was cool how the flowers were exuberating with different colors in a synchronized manner. I found the wall to be beautiful when it was all lit up. I also really liked the part when the legs were lit up with a chevron pattern and moving around. Overall, this was a nice combination of different motion, sound, and lighting techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment