February 6, 2014

Professor Vaughn's Presentation

I thoroughly enjoyed Professor Vaughn's presentation. Though I had to leave early due to my 6:00 p.m. class, from what I saw, the art portrayed was beautiful.

She had many themes for her artwork: gender identity, temporality and chronology, performance, transgender issues, art as a social tool, and labor as salvation. Throughout every piece, at least 2 or 3 of these themes were shown.

I really enjoyed her Safety in Numbers performance. It was an interesting concept and the room that was created for the piece was amazing. All of the stripes tricked my eyes. Her meaning behind the exhibition was interesting, creating more people to look like herself so she felt more anonymous.

The art work is beautiful and I recommend everyone to check out the website!


http://www.fineartvaughan.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment