January 27, 2014

Juan Carlos Delgado

The work of Delgado is something I have never seen before. When I think of art and the many different  ways it can be manipulated and created, I would still not expect this kind of art work.

It's so interesting to see art in this kind of way. The fact he took such a simple object and transformed it into a fascinating piece of multimedia is outstanding. I was not sure what the captions to the pictures were saying, yet there were many photos I liked and that caught my eye. I really like how, when moving through the page, there was a transformation of the statue from a solid, warm object to a cool and icy piece. And, the close up photos gave me a greater understanding to the detail and time it took to transform the multimedia work.

Overall, the art is amazing and showed me how art can be a majority of different things.

No comments:

Post a Comment