January 22, 2014

First Feelings

Honestly, I'm not exactly sure what to think about this class. So far, Professor Echeverry seems like a fun guy and I enjoy his presence. His jokes are funny and the way he teaches the class really seems to grab my attention. It seems like there is going to have to be a lot of work put into this class and the projects, yet I know in the end that it will all pay off and I will have a greater understanding about the vast concepts of art and technology.

As for myself...

To start off simply, my name is Gina Bartolone. I am 19 years old and I am currently a sophomore at the University of Tampa. When I first arrived here I was planning on receiving my degree with a double major in marine science and biology. I unfortunately found out later (the end of my first semester, sophomore year) all of the chemistry involved in my favorite subject. I had to make the hard decision to switch my major due to the difficulty of all of the chemistry courses. As of right now, I am a communications major with a focus on communication studies with a double minor in public relations and environmental science. Though my major is not in marine biology anymore, I would still love to take this new major and work for a marine science or environmental company, seeing as my heart still lies in science.

I am from Brookfield, Wisconsin, a small suburb of Milwaukee, yet I am Florida born at heart. Coming to Tampa was one of the best decisions I have ever made and I plan to stay in Florida after college.

As a closing note,
When I think of art, my mind immediately goes to painting, photographs, and drawings. I have never viewed or looked at art from a technology standpoint. I think this will be one of the most difficult classes I will take due to the unknown of the subject. Yet, I am anxious and eager to learn and see where my creativity takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment